Advantages of using the Cornell Method to take notes
1. notes must be in your own words; therefore, you have to read and understand the information first;
2. easy to read;
4. source is easy to identify when citing information;
5. sub-points: visual connections and relationship between points are obvious;
6. easy to find related points when organising ideas, especially from a range of sources (e.g. you can use colours to link) that may confirm or dispute ie. perspectives;
7. identifying the main idea promotes knowledge retention and understanding; and
7. summary can easily convert to a point or topic sentence for final product.